Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

Andy if you didn't get the update look for it manually 

0 Kudos
DiaperAndy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did. It says my system is up to date, but it still goes through the recovery mode/restart every time I turn it on. I need you to send me the update that gets rid of this problem

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DiaperAndy  There doesn't seem to be an "update" to actually fix this... I wish there was.  

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you do an update search?

0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Everyone else has it 

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Kieth  My 3800x was @ 12.0.0 Build 4184-55, there are no further updates.  It still goes into a Recovery.  I did a manual search on Thursday Morning (5/25/23), the unit was up to date with no further updates available. I then reset, & removed for return as it was deemed as defective. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding your Roku device powering into Recovery Mode on power up.

Please be aware that we believe that we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ouch!  I just sent it to you last week, you should had received it!  I'm a overly patient person & lacked time to pack the unit up over the last month.  I was kind of hoping for this (a software update as a solution) in the meantime.  I was concerned though the unit had been corrupted by a bad update & on it's way out from your response.... Usually that's what happens!   

0 Kudos
Red_Tardis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my 3800x. it was stuck in recovery Mode. I emailed Roku and was told to to try it in a different TV and it went into recovery mode and then restarted and then nothing no light, no power. It seems dead. I was then told it was out of warranty.  Is this a firmware update issue that cause this to get stuck in recovery mode? Since you advise in your comments "we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update".   I now have a dead Roku Stick.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Red_Tardis,
Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

May we know how are you powering your Roku device? Are you using the TV USB port or directly to the wall outlet?
Please keep us posted on what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos