Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJB
Streaming Star

Power supply for Streaming stick+ 3810x

Jump to solution

Greetings.  The power supply fornone of our many Roku sticks was lost.  Have the associated cables.  I found the wonderful post that provides the correct power supply part numbers:

Roku Streaming Stick+ - 3810 - PW10** - W16-005N1A * 5.0VDC-1.0A / ADS-6RA-06-05050EPCU-L * 5.0VDC-1.0A / PSAA05A-050QL6RK * 5.0VDC-1.0A / MU08-P050150-A1 * 5.0VDC-1.5A / **Requires Proprietary Mini USB Cable with Built-in Advanced Wireless Receiver WR001

However Roku is out of stock on the PW10.  There are several other models listed and was wondering if those were different countries or just models that will also work?  As noted on the post mine has that male/female USB cable.

I tried very hard to find a 3rd party compatible with no luck.  Any help appreciated.

BJB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power supply for Streaming stick+ 3810x

Jump to solution

The USB cable for the 3810 is no longer available. The cable for the newer Stick will not work on yours. There is no third party cable, because the WiFi antenna is built into the cable, and without that piece your Stick will not connect to either a network or your remote. Unfortunately, there is no alternative except to replace your Stick with a new model. The 3810 is now five years old, and apparently Roku can no longer source the parts needed for the power cable.

Now, if you still have the cable and only need the wall power plug, then you shouldn't have any problem using any 3rd party USB power plug that has sufficient power output. So any power cube (that's what I usually call them) with USB output (that's 5 volts) and has at least 1.0 amp output should be fine. If you have one that is at least 1.5 amps, that's probably a better choice, as it won't be pushed to its limit. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092

Jump to solution

The USB cable for the 3810 is no longer available. The cable for the newer Stick will not work on yours. There is no third party cable, because the WiFi antenna is built into the cable, and without that piece your Stick will not connect to either a network or your remote. Unfortunately, there is no alternative except to replace your Stick with a new model. The 3810 is now five years old, and apparently Roku can no longer source the parts needed for the power cable.

Now, if you still have the cable and only need the wall power plug, then you shouldn't have any problem using any 3rd party USB power plug that has sufficient power output. So any power cube (that's what I usually call them) with USB output (that's 5 volts) and has at least 1.0 amp output should be fine. If you have one that is at least 1.5 amps, that's probably a better choice, as it won't be pushed to its limit. 

Dan

BJB
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  As mentioned I have all the cables, wifi, etc.  Just need the power brick.

If any one one willl work, guess I can stop worrying about getting the exact right one?  That list is very exact.

Thanks,

BJB

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Sure, the Stick will usually work just from a USB port on the TV itself, although some TVs don't have enough power in a USB port. The USB 2.0 standard only requires 500mA (0.5 amp) and that's not enough for the newer Stick models. 

Dan

BJB
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks again! Found a 5 volt 1.5 amp generic one.

BJB

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.