Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walker4

Unable to start the setup for a Roku Express

I purchased a Roku Express a week ago. I connected the device to the HMDI1 on my Panasonic  TV and the power cable to a wall socket. The blue light on the device came and then blinked 3 times and went off. I powered on the TV and chose HMD1 from the menu.

HMDI1 came up on the screen and nothing more happened. No Roku logo and no startup process. I unplugged everything and restarted several times but still nothing. I pressed the home button on the Roku remote and the blue light flickered on but still nothing. What do I do now?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to start the setup for a Roku Express

Hi @Walker4,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku Express. We're happy to help. If you're connecting your Roku to your TV's USB port, try using the USB cable that came with the Roku and make sure it's securely attached. You can also use a different USB port or connect your Roku to a wall power outlet.

I hope you'll find this helpful info. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.