Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZrowqueue

My ROKU ULTRA 4660x2 is bricked

I factory reset my ROKU with the hope to solving my laggy menu issues.  I performed the factory reset but now the ROKU setup is stuck on the Software update screen and says "Can't update software. Please wait a few minutes and try again." with "Error 003"

My ROKU is bricked.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My ROKU ULTRA 4660x2 is bricked

Hi @AZrowqueue,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand you are getting an error code with your Roku device. We're sorry if you are having this issue. 

Please be aware of a service interruption impacting Roku devices unable to activate, update, and add new channels and we believe this issue has now been resolved. We suggest you see if you are still experiencing an issue with updating your Roku devices to see if your Roku services are still impacted.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
metz33
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem as this guy.  My Roku Ultra shows no signal on multiple tvs and with multiple hdmi cables.  If I try and factory reset it the Roku letters show up for a few seconds and then it goes back to no signal.  I bought this thing less than a year ago. Same model 4660X2 .

What gives?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @metz33,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Is there a light showing on your device?
  2. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables?
  3. Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
metz33
Reel Rookie

Thanks Mary for the quick response!

1.  Yes, the light is on on the device, and blinks like it should when I attempt to factory reset it.

2.  Device is plugged directly into the wall via ac adapter.  The device clearly is on, so I don't believe it's a power issue.

3.  Yes.  I've tried different ports on same TV, different tvs, and even different HDMI cables to no avail.  Again, if I try to factory reset the device I can see the initialization screen with the Roku letters bowing for a few seconds on my screen before my tvs switch to No Picture, so I don't think it's a problem with the ports, TV, or cables.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @metz33,

Thanks for following up and thanks for providing addition information.

One addition suggestion we would like you to try is disconnecting your router first, restarting your device then connecting your wireless network to see if it still gets stuck on the bouncing screen.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
metz33
Reel Rookie

Reseted router and still having same problem.

Serial # is CK4892260525

Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Some people have had success using an alternate Internet source to complete the setup. The most common (and simplest) is to use a hotspot from a phone. It doesn't make sense why it works, and of course there's no assurance it will do the same for you. But it has worked for a lot of people. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
metz33
Reel Rookie

Reseted router and still having same problem.

Serial # is CK4892260525

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @metz33

Appreciate the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.