Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amnakhan

Issue with Streaming Interruption on Roku Device

Hello 

I'm reaching out to seek help with a recurring issue I've been experiencing with my Roku streaming device. Frequently, while watching shows, the streaming abruptly stops and the device takes me back to the home screen. This happens across different channels, including Netflix and Hulu.

Here are the steps I've already taken to troubleshoot:

1. Restarted the device several times.
  2. Checked my internet connection, which is stable on other devices.
  3. Updated the Roku software to the latest version.

None of these steps have resolved the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Issue with Streaming Interruption on Roku Device

It might help to specify your device model (four-digit number).  Also, if you have plugged it into a USB port on the TV for power, try plugging into the wall.  (Some TVs can’t supply quite enough power.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.