Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thought12

new Roku device with Dolby sound

Jump to solution

I have issues with sound on my current tv. I have an older Roku stick  will the new one with Dolby sound work on my tv and will it improve the sound on my streaming stations?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: new Roku device with Dolby sound

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community, @thought12

We appreciate you taking the time to inquire about the compatible Roku devices to achieve the Dolby Audio experience on your streaming setup. We'd be glad to provide the information you need. 

Please note that if you decide to buy a Roku Player with Dolby Audio support, it is important to ensure that your TV also supports Dolby Audio. Without it, your TV may not work with your setup despite the Roku player's Dolby Audio capability. 

If your TV supports Dolby Audio, connecting it to a Roku player that supports Dolby Audio can significantly enhance your streaming experience. If you're unsure, contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance in determining your TV's audio capability.

However, if you have an older TV and cannot support Dolby Audio, we highly suggest purchasing a Roku Streambar, as it supports this feature to match your preferred setup. 

image.png

Kindly visit this support article for additional information: Do I need a special TV?

Check out this support website here for device specifications of our Roku Devices: Official Roku Store

Let us know if you need more help; we're here to assist.

Warm regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: new Roku device with Dolby sound

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community, @thought12

We appreciate you taking the time to inquire about the compatible Roku devices to achieve the Dolby Audio experience on your streaming setup. We'd be glad to provide the information you need. 

Please note that if you decide to buy a Roku Player with Dolby Audio support, it is important to ensure that your TV also supports Dolby Audio. Without it, your TV may not work with your setup despite the Roku player's Dolby Audio capability. 

If your TV supports Dolby Audio, connecting it to a Roku player that supports Dolby Audio can significantly enhance your streaming experience. If you're unsure, contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance in determining your TV's audio capability.

However, if you have an older TV and cannot support Dolby Audio, we highly suggest purchasing a Roku Streambar, as it supports this feature to match your preferred setup. 

image.png

Kindly visit this support article for additional information: Do I need a special TV?

Check out this support website here for device specifications of our Roku Devices: Official Roku Store

Let us know if you need more help; we're here to assist.

Warm regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos