Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maximus2

Activation, subscriptions...

This is all new to me, but we just bought a large, 'luxury' RV with three (!) Roku TVs.  I assume  I can turn on any of them, use the remote to activate that particular TV and register/activate it.  But I already subscribe to Paramount+ at home, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Music, Spotify, and Pandora at home (no Roku TVs at home).  Do I have to subscribe to these separately on Roku and pay twice for them?  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activation, subscriptions...

You should be able to use any subscription that you pay for directly with the provider without having to subscribe again.  When you first launch the channel/app it will prompt you to enter your credentials.  Some channels/apps have been known to offer only a new subscription (through Roku), but hopefully that's all been ironed out by now.  You'll have to enter your credentials on each Roku device.  The one (and possibly only) advantage to subscribing through Roku is that you don't have to enter your credentials on each Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Activation, subscriptions...

A very few channels limit the number of devices permitted on the account or simultaneous streams.

Even if subscribed directly and use the channel app.

The channel app will let you know if there is a restriction.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.