Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demuth183

I cannot get the activation link to work and it’s brand new

Jump to solution

I just got an Roku ultra and the activation link woill not work I’ve tried to reeet both the router and range extender  my Riki will connect to the network but when I got to submit the code it says like not working I need hello had caus r I’d hate to switch to fire atick and say the **bleep** witj ruko

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No matter what I do I cannot get the activation link to work and it’s brand new

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @Demuth183.

We completely understand how disappointing it is that your Roku activation didn't go as planned. We want to help you.

You can activate your Roku device in two ways: manually typing in the link or using the QR code. If the activation link does not work, you might try the following troubleshooting steps below to resolve your issue:

• Power cycle your Roku. Unplug your Roku from the power outlet and plug it back in after 30 seconds to restart the process.
  • Retype your email address and resend the activation link. Doing this will trigger a new activation link to be sent. (Please note that the link is only valid for 30 minutes. Therefore, you need to activate your device using the link before the expiration time.)
  • Use the QR code to activate the device. If the link is still not working, try activating the Roku device using the QR code. If you have an Android phone, download a QR code scanner on the Google Play Store, or if you have an IOS device, you might use the phone's camera to scan the QR code.

For more troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support FAQ on How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No matter what I do I cannot get the activation link to work and it’s brand new

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @Demuth183.

We completely understand how disappointing it is that your Roku activation didn't go as planned. We want to help you.

You can activate your Roku device in two ways: manually typing in the link or using the QR code. If the activation link does not work, you might try the following troubleshooting steps below to resolve your issue:

• Power cycle your Roku. Unplug your Roku from the power outlet and plug it back in after 30 seconds to restart the process.
  • Retype your email address and resend the activation link. Doing this will trigger a new activation link to be sent. (Please note that the link is only valid for 30 minutes. Therefore, you need to activate your device using the link before the expiration time.)
  • Use the QR code to activate the device. If the link is still not working, try activating the Roku device using the QR code. If you have an Android phone, download a QR code scanner on the Google Play Store, or if you have an IOS device, you might use the phone's camera to scan the QR code.

For more troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support FAQ on How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,

Best regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Emily... I'm having the same problem activating my Roku (new) Premiere.

The several times I've gotten the Activate email link, I get this from
click.web.roku.com:

"This page isn't working now. If the problem continues, contact the site's owner"

Tried chat, but I'm not going to pay money to answer my CUSTOMER SUPPORT QUESTION.

I've been building and administering computers for over 40 years.
This problem is on YOUR END. 

I have repeated the send verification process for email. I get the same result each time.

click.web.roku.com:

"This page isn't working now. If the problem continues, contact the site's owner"

FIX THIS PLEASE.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@relayer1987, first, Roku doesn't charge for support, period.  And quite frankly, you get what you pay for.  I don't know what chat you stumbled onto, but it wasn't Roku.

All I can suggest is trying a different browser and/or a different device.  If you want to try your luck with Roku support, start at https://support.roku.com/contactus.  Choose the option for account issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.