Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajross2100
Channel Surfer

4k streaming stick will not activate

Bought a 4k streaming stick, setup was going fine. It tells me to check an email with activation link. I go through some questions about where its located/what its called etc. Another page of questions of what I like to watch etc. Well once I get through those pages, a page comes up saying Error. That's it, just error with a button that says "Link". When I click the button, it asks me for a code displayed on my TV screen. I have found someone else asking this same question, the responses are just "it shouldn't ask for a code". I am aware I shouldn't need a code. So much for simple easy setup.

Model #3820X

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
ckbarger48
Reel Rookie

Re: 4k streaming stick will not activate

this is happening to me too, please advise

0 Kudos
Zepal1975

Re: Can't get activation link

I'm having the same problem.... did you get some help???

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ajross2100 @ckbarger48

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while setting up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Could you try to restart the activation process again? 

Once you have received the activation link in the email, it should allow you to create a free Roku account or log in to your existing account. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

If you encounter any further issues during the activation process, please do not hesitate to keep us posted. We are available to assist you and ensure that your streaming stick is up and running smoothly.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zepal1975

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. In some cases, it can take several minutes before you receive the activation email. Be sure to wait a few minutes before moving forward with troubleshooting steps.
  • Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case-sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.
  • Check your spam folder. Your email may automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place these messages in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email, and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ajross2100
Channel Surfer

You seem to have not read my post, I did receive the email. The link is broken 4-5 steps in.

0 Kudos
ajross2100
Channel Surfer

No help, they just say to check my email, ignoring what I actually said in my post. Pretty sure its just chatGPT or something. Honestly I think I will return this product and buy from a different company(not that they will have better customer service, just maybe a working product). Only reason I bought this was for convenience and it definitely doesn't qualify as that.

ajross2100
Channel Surfer

Same issues, I have tried the process at least 10 times, checked forums, checked the troubleshooting guide. I don't want a how to guide, because at the step that says "follow the instructions on your screen" the process BREAKS.

0 Kudos
ajross2100
Channel Surfer

Hey anyone looking at this post, I found a solution. Don't buy a roku, they don't care if it works or not.

0 Kudos
h00513rdaddy
Channel Surfer

Re: Have not gotten activation link

Just got a new TCL ROKU tv and it's just sitting here worthless because I can't seem to activate it.  How is this even possible??

@RokuDanny-R

@RokuMary-F

@RokuKariza-D

Can someone help me please??

0 Kudos