Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app unable to find device

Thanks for joining us here @StevenCee @Bnbh,

We understand, and we appreciate your reports about this. It seems like this has been affecting many users and we'd like to communicate with the appropriate Roku team to take action. To proceed, we'll need the information requested above.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meowsers
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue, I have both android and iOS devices and neither can connect to the Roku. The physical remote also randomly stops working so that only the power and volume works. I also can't get the Apple app to stream. I've had this device for less than a year, and it is obviously garbage--will not be recommending Roku to anyone.

I contacted support about the issue and disconnected/reconnected wifi, uninstalled/reinstalled the app--i even tried to connect manually, but the app said there is no device on the entered IP (despite using the IP listed in the Roku settings).

There doesn't seem to be any effort on Roku's behalf to fix this. 

Julia111
Reel Rookie

*I'm using a 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K, software version 12.5.0 build 4178-E6, SN X025002LM782

*Roku app software version 9.9.1.2659820 on a Motorola phone running Android 13. 

*Xfinity home internet

It's common for me to start watching a movie in the Roku app when I'm waiting for a ride or something and then finish watching at home. However, the latest Roku App update has made my streaming stick invisible to the app. 

I specifically purchased this product because of being able to resume watching as well as being able to broadcast the sound to my earbuds.

It's not my home equipment, which recognizes the stick. It's the app - which won't even allow manually entering the IP address of the stick, even though there's no AP blocking and the phone & stick are on the same network.

TEMPORARY RESOLUTION: I have found that if I restart the router AND reset the Roku network connection, I can manually connect the device to the app & then use the app as a remote. However, I have to do this EVERY TIME I want to use the app. Not ideal, but no longer "dead in the water."

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Meowsers,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku mobile app. Please check out this support article here on why the Roku mobile app does not see your Roku streaming device.

Please let us know if the problem still continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Julia111,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further the issue you're having with the Roku mobile app. Please provide the serial number and device ID of your Roku device.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meowsers
Reel Rookie

I've already contacted your support team several times. No one seems to be able to resolve the issue. I'm not going to keep wasting my time -- at this point the only solution seems to be to stop using Roku products. It's my own fault--I should have read the online reviews before purchasing. Had I read them, I would have known that Roku products are unreliable at best. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Meowsers,

Thank you for informing us!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku mobile app. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuERey mentioned above?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
williamlinton24
Reel Rookie

Have you tried uninstall the app and then reinstall. I had to do this a while back and it worked. Another issue with mine was it I have several routers in my house and all different with different passwords. Make sure your phone is on the same Wi-Fi is the Roku which I'm sure you have it's just a suggested but try to reinstalling the app first hope this helps

0 Kudos
Meowsers
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I appreciate you trying to help. I've rebooted the router (there is only one), I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've rebooted the phone, I've entered the IP exactly as it was shown in the settings on the TV, none of it worked. I also contacted support and followed all their recommended steps. Nothing.

It worked when I first got it, but for whatever reason it simply no longer does. 

JulBee

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggestions on this website: all devices updated, same wifi, delete and reinstall app, reboot router, restart phone, enter Tv’s IP address in app etc. I’ve even tried connecting from the app on my iPad with no success. SharePlay Mirroring also isn’t working. And interestingly my Echo Dot is still able to interact with the tv. This seems to be an ongoing repeated issue. I hope it’s fixed soon. 

0 Kudos