Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJAGHAI1

Roku Streaming on Android

Jump to solution

Why can't I stream on my Android phone? Why isn't there live people to talk to about fixing problems? You don't have a problem taking my subscription fees out every month, so please fix these problems. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. Not happy with service. #lknks to product; links to members, content 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming on Android

Jump to solution

@DJAGHAI1-

What is it you're trying to stream in the Roku phone app?  The app is primarily a remote control alternative to a physical remote.  The only thing you can stream to it is Roku's own The Roku Channel content for which they have the right to control distribution. 

Premium channels purchased through Roku that are viewed through The Roku Channel on a Roku device cannot be viewed thru the Roku app on a phone.  It is my belief this is because the owners of those channels only grant Roku the right to display their channels' content on actual Rokus, not on other platforms.

What Roku claim(s) do you consider to be false advertising and where do you find them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @DJAGHAI1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We are glad to help with streaming on your Android phone.

• What Mobile phone make/model & mobile OS version you are using?
  • Does updating the app fix the issue?:
  • Does updating the phone/tablet OS fix the issue?:
  • Does signing out of the account and back in fix?:
  • Does deleting/re-downloading the app fix it?

The Roku app for Android is compatible with Android devices running Android version 5.0 or higher. Visit the Google Play store on your Android device, or visit the online Google Play store to download the Roku mobile app for Android.

For more detailed information about using the Roku mobile app please check this out: Roku mobile app

Please keep us updated on your progress so we can continue to assist you. We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DJAGHAI1-

What is it you're trying to stream in the Roku phone app?  The app is primarily a remote control alternative to a physical remote.  The only thing you can stream to it is Roku's own The Roku Channel content for which they have the right to control distribution. 

Premium channels purchased through Roku that are viewed through The Roku Channel on a Roku device cannot be viewed thru the Roku app on a phone.  It is my belief this is because the owners of those channels only grant Roku the right to display their channels' content on actual Rokus, not on other platforms.

What Roku claim(s) do you consider to be false advertising and where do you find them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos