Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogaMike
Reel Rookie

Roku Mobile app causing excessive battery drain

Jump to solution

How refreshing to see a nugget of common sense on a support site. 

It's amazing how irresponsible software developers have become and how these so-called communities are generally full of helpless people who can't solve the problems with answers by irresponsible techies

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Android app causing excessive battery drain

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We've rolled out an update to OS version 10.2 to address reported battery drain issues. We kindly ask you to update your app and check if the problem persists. Your assistance in providing the following details will greatly aid us in resolving this issue:

Device and Usage Details:

1. Phone Make/Model: Please specify the make and model of your phone.
  2. Phone OS Version: What version of the operating system is your phone currently running?
  3. Streaming Device: If applicable, let us know the brand and model of your Roku TV or streaming device. You can find this information in Settings >> System >> About on your Roku.

Usage Patterns:

• How frequently do you use features like Private Listening?

Issue Reproduction:

• Describe the typical actions or scenarios that lead to battery drain.
  • Is the issue consistent or does it occur intermittently?

Recent Changes:

• Have you recently updated your device or made changes to settings that might coincide with the onset of the battery drain issue?

Your feedback is crucial for us to pinpoint and resolve this issue effectively. Thank you for your patience and assistance in helping us improve your experience.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
YogaMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Getting the same issue on my Chinese OnePlus 8

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. If your phone's battery is draining faster than usual, it either means you're using a lot of energy or your phone is not using energy efficiently. This could mean you're overworking your phone by running too many applications, or something is physically wrong with the phone battery itself.

Please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Globe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope, it's the app.

New Pixel 8 and still draining fast.

That's the same experience on 3 phones now. But sure, blame everyone's phones despite it becoming statistically unlikely.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Globe

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. This issue will be further investigated once we have the information below:

• Roku mobile app version
  • Mobile phone device information such as brand model, and OS version.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the information we've requested.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Kash,

Please read the thread before responding.

You were given that information by a couple of us back in July and--supposedly--the team has already been working on it ever since. Since they've had seven months to address the issue, please check with them and find out what they've discovered and when they expect to have a corrected version to release. 

0 Kudos
GuyFromMars365
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB It's been 7 months since you passed @DTM54's info to the appropriate Roku team. What's been the result? Posting generic details about phones consuming excessive power is unhelpful & insulting, in light of the specific information already made available in this thread. What did this team at Roku respond with?

0 Kudos
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, it's been a week now since we asked for an update on what Roku has achieved in the last seven months of working on the problem. I think it's safe to say that the lack of any response at all confirms what I posted back in July: Roku has no intention of fixing this problem and will continue to deny and deflect until we give up.

jp144
Binge Watcher

Roku App for iOS and iPadOS is draining the battery very quickly

Jump to solution

This issue has been posted before, but I’ve checked some of the previous posts and still over a year later the app on iOS and iPadOS is still draining our batteries in record time. 

I opened up my app less than 30 minutes ago and watched my fully charged battery drop nearly 10%. In another 30 minutes it will drop another 10%. And I’m not even using the app. I’m just letting it run in the background so I can mute commercials occasionally.

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We've rolled out an update to OS version 10.2 to address reported battery drain issues. We kindly ask you to update your app and check if the problem persists. Your assistance in providing the following details will greatly aid us in resolving this issue:

Device and Usage Details:

1. Phone Make/Model: Please specify the make and model of your phone.
  2. Phone OS Version: What version of the operating system is your phone currently running?
  3. Streaming Device: If applicable, let us know the brand and model of your Roku TV or streaming device. You can find this information in Settings >> System >> About on your Roku.

Usage Patterns:

• How frequently do you use features like Private Listening?

Issue Reproduction:

• Describe the typical actions or scenarios that lead to battery drain.
  • Is the issue consistent or does it occur intermittently?

Recent Changes:

• Have you recently updated your device or made changes to settings that might coincide with the onset of the battery drain issue?

Your feedback is crucial for us to pinpoint and resolve this issue effectively. Thank you for your patience and assistance in helping us improve your experience.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.