Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayneD

Roku Express no hand held remote control

Changed network provider today and now Roku Express won’t sync with network selected on tv. No remote control so only able to use via Roku app on phone. No devices linked. Is there an easy solution please.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express no hand held remote control

There are two easy solutions.  (You only need either one, but I would do #2 for the long run in any case.)

1: Set the SSID and passphrase of the new router to be identical to the previous one that the Roku already knows.  Then the Roku and all other Wi-Fi devices will just connect as they did previously.  (This is the quick and easy way to change routers.)

2: Get a new remote.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express no hand held remote control

@JayneD 

Sorry to hear about the difficulties. I went through something like this a few years ago hopefully this advice may help you

I'd start from scratch so frist connect the roku express to your TV, making sure you're on the correct TV input for the Roku Express

Then Press and hold the reset button on the back of Roku. Hold it for like 15 seconds and then let go. Now you can power on the Roku Express and use the App to start the set up and sync your Roku to your TV.

If this doesn't work the next thing i would try is switching the TV input your connecting your Roku express to on your TV.  I'm not sure wha model you have or what cord you are using but you can also try alternating cords as well.

Fingers crossed you'll find success with getting your express up and running.  Also, I just started looking at updating my roku remote and they have a wide range to choose from price wise.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thats the page I was looking at for new remotes.

Let me know if you find success!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.