Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpF

Roku Android app using excessive phone's battery when not being used

The Roku app on Android is using 4%+ battery on my Pixel 5 phone and I have not used the phone app in months. I tried marking it battery usage Restricted, but no change. How do I stop this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Android app using excessive phone's battery when not being used

Hi @HelpF

Thank you for the inquiry!

If you are experiencing excessive battery usage from the Roku app on your Android phone, even when you are not actively using the app, here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Update the Roku app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Roku app installed on your phone. Sometimes, app updates can fix issues related to battery usage.
  • Clear app cache: Clearing the app cache can sometimes resolve issues related to excessive battery usage. Go to Settings > Apps > Roku > Storage > Clear cache.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app: If clearing the app cache doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Roku app on your phone.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos