Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku App Won’t Control Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

For some reason, my Roku App is unable to connect to the Roku Streaming Stick +. My phone is on the same network as the Roku device, so I’m unsure what to do. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App Won’t Control Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Hi, @Like_a_bloss

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and we acknowledge the concern you've had with the Roku mobile app being unable to connect with your Roku Streaming Stick+. Kindly follow the steps below as the troubleshooting step to resolve this issue.

1. Uninstall the Roku mobile app.
  2. Re-install the Roku mobile app.
  3. Perform a System Restart on your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  4. Find your Roku device once again on your Roku mobile app.

After performing these steps, please let us know what you find out. We'll continue to assist you moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App Won’t Control Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Hi, @Like_a_bloss

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and we acknowledge the concern you've had with the Roku mobile app being unable to connect with your Roku Streaming Stick+. Kindly follow the steps below as the troubleshooting step to resolve this issue.

1. Uninstall the Roku mobile app.
  2. Re-install the Roku mobile app.
  3. Perform a System Restart on your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  4. Find your Roku device once again on your Roku mobile app.

After performing these steps, please let us know what you find out. We'll continue to assist you moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos