Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skfhjajansnd
Channel Surfer

Remote app doesn’t work anymore

App suddenly doesn’t connect anymore and tells me my device can’t be found. Sure, so I go Ahead and check my WiFi connected devices and yet their Roku is listed. Restarts phone. Restarts Roku. Restarts tv. Nothing works anymore. It just keeps saying there’s no connected devices and my device doesn’t exist. Worked fine for over a year with no issues, what the fck? I should be able to use the tv and stick I pay For! 

22 REPLIES 22
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote app doesn’t work anymore

Hi @Skfhjajansnd,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this issue.

At this point, can you try to uninstall the Roku app and install it again? Also, Kindly make sure that the network from your streaming device is the same as your mobile phone to ensure compatibility. Furthermore, may we know what streaming device you are trying to connect the Roku mobile app to?

Keep us posted!

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skfhjajansnd
Channel Surfer

I’ve reinstalled the app many times, restarted my phone, restarted my internet, nada. All on the same network. Using fire stick in tv and trying to figure out why out of the blue the app stopped connecting 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skfhjajansnd,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku mobile app since it can't find your Roku device. Help is here. If your Roku device does not appear on the discovery screen, check out this link here for instructions on how to connect the Roku mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CBarnett4

Re: Remote app doesn’t work anymore nor will my Roku remote

Neither my roku remote, nor the roku mobile app will operate by device any more; whereas I’ve used both in the past. I have checked my wifi connection and that my phone & devices are connected to the same wifi. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app, I have disconnected and unplugged the device, and have put new batteries in my roku remote. 

mityone54

I am having the same issues. It was working up until a week ago. I've deleted it a couple of times and nothing. I keep getting the same error.

Skfhjajansnd
Channel Surfer

Tried all of that, 2 others are saying they’ve had the same problem start up within the last few weeks as well. Gotta be some sort of bug 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue in the Roku mobile app.

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running.
  • The version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Imnotarobot2
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem as so many others have posted here. My iOS Roku app (version 9.5.2.6753341.1) was connecting just fine to my TCL model 43S435 Roku TV software version 12.0.0 build 4190-CG IP address 192.168.1.95 with no problems whatsoever for at least a year until last week it just doesn’t. I believe that corresponds to when the latest app version was downloaded onto my phone, so it is CLEARLY a problem with the app!! Tried all the suggestions—reinstalls/power down/up/unplug you name it. Nothing works. I even asked my Roku app to find the TV by its IP address, which the TV is displaying on its screen, and the app looks and can’t find it and says “no ROKU device at that address. This is just stupid. And every response I’ve read here from the Roku people is just pass-the-buck BS. (And yes, all of my devices are connected to the same WiFi network—I mean seriously—who has multiple Wi-Fi networks running in their home? You’ve got a problem ROKU—we can’t all be making this up.

Skfhjajansnd
Channel Surfer

THIS!!! Thank you!!! Come on, Roku! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.