Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tino_Allday
Reel Rookie

My Roku account won't sign in on another device

Goodnight, please I need help. Everytime I try to link my account on another device I'm always getting "the email address or password provided does not match our records" and I can guarantee you that the information I've provided is correct. Please help. I need to link my account to my wife device so she can access our doorbell. Thanking you in advance. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku account won't sign in on another device

You don't link a Roku device to an account with a password. As you go through the setup process (remember you can only link a device to an account when it's brand new or had a factory reset done) you provide your Roku account email address, nothing else. You then receive an email at that account that has a link to authenticate the device to your account. 

Wherever you're trying to enter a password, that won't link a Roku to a user account. You must do a factory reset (unless it's a brand new Roku device) and perform a complete setup.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tino_Allday
Reel Rookie

When I downloaded the Roku Smart Home app on other devices and sign in my email and password why is it giving me "the email address or password does not match our records" message? Sorry I'm new to Roku and I'm trying to access our doorbell camera on multiple devices. Is that possible? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, the app is not a Roku "device", and yes you use your account name and password there. I can't say why it's not working, unless you have some special characters that you might be mistaking when you enter. I know occasionally I use a (number) 1 when I meant to use an exclamation mark (!). And especially on a phone touchscreen I often make an error when entering passwords. It's easy to do on those small virtual keyboards on a phone screen.

Is there any chance you have more than one Roku account, and you might be using the email for one account but the password for another? I'm just throwing ideas out there, as sometimes people do have multiple accounts so they can have different channels/apps on different devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.