Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

Re: Private listening not working

Yes and the OS for my roku TV is 12.0.0

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pinetiger,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app's private listening. We're happy to help you. Please be advised that if you are using the Roku mobile app, turn private listening off and back on again. If restarting the private listening session like this does not work, close and reopen the Roku mobile app and try again. Restart your Roku device by unplugging the power cable, waiting a moment, and then reconnecting it.

You can also check out this support article here on how to resolve an issue with private listening.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

those are the first things I tried. and no, they didn't work.

0 Kudos
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB soo what now? I'm fairly positive it isn't a problem on my end, but rather that it's the app just generally being poor quality

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pinetiger 

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We are sorry if you are experiencing problems using the Roku mobile app's private listening feature, and we also apologize for the delay in a resolution. We truly appreciate all of your troubleshooting attempts and patience.

Please let us know if this problem is still not solved, along with any other details you may have that would be useful as our team looks into it. Please let me know your Roku device's serial number, and we'll arrange for a member of our support team to get in touch with you directly to help you further.

We look forward to your response and appreciate you again posting in the Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.