Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

Private listening not working

When i turn on private listening, it shows that it's connected but plays no audio, and then disconnects a second later. it isn't my headphones nor is it my connection, and I've tried solutions posted before but nothing works. every week there's a new problem with the app and it seems like roku isn't even trying to make the app function properly at all.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening not working

Hi @pinetiger,

We appreciate your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. We may know if you have private listening issues when using the Roku mobile app or the Roku remote. When did the issue occur? In addition, could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

It randomly started one day. For troubleshooting I tried just about everything I could find online, like messing with certain settings on the roku app and even factory reseting the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@pinetiger,

We appreciate your response,

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. 

• Did the issue happen with the remote or app (IOS/Android phone and OS version)
  • Provide the brand and model of headphones or earbuds used
  • Does it happen on channels?
  • Did unplugging and replugging in the headphones help resolve the issue or make things better

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

It's a problem with the app. I'm using a razer headset, which works fine. And unplugging and plugging back in the headphones did nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@pinetiger,

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we need to check for some troubleshooting steps first.

• Does updating the app fix the issue?:
  • Does updating the device OS fix the issue?
  • Does signing out of the account and back in fix?:
  • Does deleting/redownloading the app fix?:

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

I've already tried all of those and no, they didn't help.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We sincerely appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue, @pinetiger.

We apologize for the consecutive questions; we'd like to investigate this issue better. Please bear with us.

To complete the set of information you have shared, may we know if this happens on a particular channel or app, perhaps the YouTube app? Also, may we know your device's current OS and your mobile phone's brand?

With a few more details, we'll be able to sort out this concern. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
pinetiger
Channel Surfer

No, it doesn't occur in a specific app. I have a Samsung Galaxy and the OS version is 13.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @pinetiger.

Just to clarify, is OS version 13 the software for your mobile phone? How about the Roku device affected by the issue? Would you mind providing the current OS by going to Settings > System > System Update > Check now?

Your response is highly appreciated.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.