Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennyb80

Can I block someone on their iPhone from my Roku TV

Jump to solution

My daughter has been using her Iphone to lower the tv when we’re watching a movie how can I block her 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I block someone on their iPhone from using their phone as a remote for my high sense ...

Jump to solution

Hi @Jennyb80 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us here regarding this query. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

The best way to resolve this is to change the password of your network connection to block access.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, let us know!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I block someone on their iPhone from using their phone as a remote for my high sense ...

Jump to solution

Hi @Jennyb80 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us here regarding this query. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

The best way to resolve this is to change the password of your network connection to block access.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, let us know!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Can I block someone on their iPhone from my Roku TV

Jump to solution

snowyy

Jump to solution

People can still connect signed in or not which is very annoying, just as long as within the same wifi connection, there must be something that can be done

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How can I block someone on their iPhone from using their phone as a remote for my hisense ...

Jump to solution

Actually, there is a menu option that requires you go give permission for the app to connect. Go to Settings/System/Advanced system settings/control by mobile apps. Change the setting to Disabled. This of course blocks any phone with the app from connecting, even one you'd like to use. But it does keep others from controlling your Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.