Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

Why is my Splash screen not showing up when they click on my channel

Need Help.

In my Developing branding page I see my splash screen as well as when I do a Preview.  When I click on my Channel App on the TV there is no splash screen. It just a blank color screen and then about 30 sec later my app starts. I am worry that people will get out because it seem like it just froze. Does anyone know why this is going on.  Also how can I get a timer of some kind to show on the splash screen. Like please wait loading.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my Splash screen not showing up when they click on my channel

Are you sure that the splash screen meets these requirements:

The Splash Screen displays while your channel is loading. Upload a 1920 x 1080 JPEG or PNG file.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
LDMnetwork
Channel Surfer

Re: Why is my Splash screen not showing up when they click on my channel

Yes my photo is 1920 x 1080. I place a jpeg and then a PNG file and still nothing. All the other photos are showing.

0 Kudos