Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Roku channels are removed by platform, due to unable to migrated to SDK version

Hi there,

Unfortunately we missed the deadline to migrate the Roku channel to SDK, now channels are removed. We have good traffic and user base, can someone help us how to bring back our removed channel and push our updated SDK version

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

18 REPLIES 18
mountainsouthtv
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channels are removed by platform, due to unable to migrated to SDK version

Spoiler
We are in the same boat. Hoping there is some way to retrieve the old DP Channel and convert it to SDK.
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channels are removed by platform, due to unable to migrated to SDK version

Where did you publish your videos through?

0 Kudos
mountainsouthtv
Reel Rookie

We are using Vimeo. How about you? It may be impossible to retrieve the old DP channel. We will probably just rebuild with SDK.

GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

I am not sure, as I am working on the process as we speak.  I think, you can still use your Vimeo feed and you won't lose what you have created.  All your videos are still on Vimeo.  If you can give me a couple of days I will have more answers.  

0 Kudos
mountainsouthtv
Reel Rookie

We still have all the videos on Vimeo and they are in showcases. I've started rebuilding the channel with InstantTV and their SDK template. We were just kind of asleep at the wheel with the sunset situation. I had done a couple of little things that I thought made us SDK compatible, but apparently it wasn't enough. What ever you learn, we would appreciate updates. Thank you.

mattk27
Binge Watcher

We built software for exactly this:  https://sdkconverter.com

Jump on the site chat and ask for Matt - happy to jump on a Zoom with you.

Matt
https://sdkconverter.com/
mattk27
Binge Watcher

We do this!  Just enter your JSON feed, and download your SDK in a few minutes.

It's free if you don't want to use a vast tag for your own ads.  If you do, it's a one-time purchase.

www.sdkconverter.com 

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 3.00.17 PM.png

Matt
https://sdkconverter.com/
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

@mountainsouthtv @GoingSolo  You can still use Vimeo, AND your json feed stays relevant.  However you'd need to use a cookie cutter Grid layout theme in SDK.

User here Baradantiko developed software that does it fairly easily. You just need your unique assets like logo's, Title, and json feed.

The upload & submission process might be slightly different now tho. Since you're not 'Replacing' a channel, you might be creating a new one from scratch.   I would send an email to Partner Success to see if they have a way of retrieving your installations & customer base. I can't say for sure, its possible it could be retrieved, on the other hand I can see where its toast and you're starting over from 0.

Definitely test out the github if you haven't started yet, its fairly simple & there was a Discussion thread going on.

GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Does your converter support the Vimeo URL feed?

0 Kudos