Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max6
Reel Rookie

Roku will not play a specific show

I have updated and updated the channel. I have had my tech people go through the channel and we can't find why the channel will not play. We have scheduled and rescheduled the channel to play many times and still nothing. "skylinaz" will not play for some reason and we can't figure out why. Can someone please look at it?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Roku will not play a specific show

If you're using Direct Publisher as your channel tool, you'll need to post your feed file and indicate what content is causing your problems.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Max6
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the information. I have passed it on to my tech guys because I don't understand what I am looking at on that link.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

You say it "will not play", is the thumbnail at least showing on the channel? If so, what happens when you hit play, does it attempt to goto the video, then come back to the channel?

Or is the shot not even appearing on the channel?  If thats the case you may want to look at your tags & category settings, ensure they're spelled right, I beleive it's case sensitive etc.  As Baradantiko said, myb post the feed or an except of it here so others can view it.

0 Kudos