Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viperwolve

volume not switching over correctly.

Everything was working perfect yesterday,but now when I press Roku home to turn it on volume doesn't work. Normally the xfinity box switches over to Roku,but now I can hear xfinity show playing in the background and roku show playing at the same time with no sound.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: volume not switching over correctly.

What is doing the switching? TV? AVR? Some combination of components? Is this Roku TV or some other kind of TV? (brand and model?) What connections are you using?

Viperwolve

Samsung older tv without smart technology. Roku is connected to html port. Bought a new soundbar a few days ago ,but didnt have issues.

Right now lord of the rings is playing on normal TV. If I turn Roku on the menu comes up,but doesn't disconnect or turn over from xfinity. If I select say Paramount on Roku and pick a show it will start ,but I hear lord of the rings playing in the background and thr show on Roku Paramount has no sound. Very odd

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It kind of sounds like the soundbar is connected to the Xfinity box. If not, how are things connected?

0 Kudos
Viperwolve

I got it working had to manually switch it over with sound bar remote. Might return soundbar because this will drive me nuts without auto connection 😉

Thanks

0 Kudos