Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

I have a roku voice remote pro. It has a rechargeable battery. Battery died after one week

I have a roku voice remote pro with a rechargeable battery. I fully charged it before I used it, I've only had it a week and the battery is already dead. I thought I read somewhere that the battery lasts a long time.What's up?? Is it defective? This could get old recharging it especially not know when it's going to die and all of the sudden it just stops working.  Annoying enough but of course it died in the last half hour of a movie I was watching. 

Shouldn't the battery last longer than one week? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Re: I have a roku voice remote pro. It has a rechargeable battery. Battery died after one week

Isn't a single charge supposed to last about 2 months? At any rate, I'm sure a single charge is supposed to last for longer than one week. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a roku voice remote pro. It has a rechargeable battery. Battery died after one week

Here is the link for the Voice Remote Pro from Roku.   https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-voice-remote-pro#!

Although it doesn't specify how long the battery should last, a response from a Roku Customer Advocate in the Reviews section indicated (similar to non-rechargeable Voice Remote), that "Customers who utilize the private listening feature will typically receive a shorter battery life on their remote. "

------------------------------

Response from Roku:

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure that our battery life is great for all of our customers and three days of battery is not considered normal behavior.

Customers who utilize the private listening feature will typically receive a shorter battery life on their remote. As a tip, always be sure that you are unplugging your headphones when not in use as this will help to extend your batteries life between charges.

However, if this does not resolve your concern, we hope that you'll reach out to us so that we can assist you directly. Visit support.roku.com/contactus to get started chatting with an agent.

Thanks!
Roku Customer Advocate

--------------------------------

Perhaps try that route.  https://support.roku.com/contactus

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Barisaxman
Reel Rookie

Just got my remote pro this week and the remote battery is lasting around 24-36 hours then it flashes 10% battery on the screen.

I don't use the voice feature or the headphone feature. Whoever designed the device to not be able to swap out the batteries should be shot. That is an asinine design flaw, and will result in 1000s of returns.

We were asked to return our entire Ultra 4802 model by Roku customer support just because of this inept design.

Roku, please fix your awful company and lack of quality control

0 Kudos