Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwWinter
Reel Rookie

any remotes without those awful quick choice buttons or can we disable them?

the quick buttons on the bottom of the remote are so terrible 
they react to the slightest bump or cat stepping on them and kick you out of what you were watching 
it is a real pain and the only answers I have found are to basically destroy the remote by removing those contacts 
is there an easier way to disable these awful quick buttons?
I have been a roku devotee since the very first release and never ever use those annoying buttons , they have always caused tons of problems and I really want them gone!
Thanks for your help! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: any remotes without those awful quick choice buttons or can we disable them?

No, there no option to disable them. I use silicone remote cover the kind that has cut outs for each button. The cover is the same height as the keys, you can pass your hand over all keys without it emitting a signal. And for the volume and mute the cover is above the keys, so no accidental firing of the buttons. Works great. Just don't get the ones with no cut out for volume and mute, instead it has rubber membrane which make those keys stand out even further instead being in crater.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
wwWinter
Reel Rookie

Re: any remotes without those awful quick choice buttons or can we disable them?

this is not a solution but thank you for trying 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @wwWinter.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us about the Quick Launch 🚀 button on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition).

Your convenience and satisfaction are among our top priorities, and we will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.

If there's anything else you'd like us to address, feel free to let us know. We'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action. In the meantime, we hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

You could get a universal remote and program it for Roku.  Of course, an animal walking on a universal remote can do many disruptive things too!  In fact, I think most buttons on most remotes are disruptive if pressed at random by animals!  I think you’d be better off with a box to keep it in or a “remote caddy”.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Another thought:  Get a multi-device universal remote and don’t program one of the devices.  (Or program it for some random thing you don’t own.)  Then, to use the remote, press the button that selects the current device, press the buttons, and then, before setting the remote down, press the button that selects the unprogrammed device.  This would greatly reduce the chances of a random press doing anything.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.