Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ank4Life77
Reel Rookie

Why is my phone app not connecting to the TV it shows it as device but want connect

So I have a 32 inch onn it shows on my app as device but my app is not connecting why

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ksola
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my phone app not connecting to the TV it shows it as device but want connect

Having the same issue, the instructions says go to home page, go to settings, networks… my settings doesn’t show networks. I’ve tried uninstalling the app are reinstalling it but nothing, I hope someone answers to assist 

0 Kudos
Ank4Life77
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my phone app not connecting to the TV it shows it as device but want connect

Me as well it is my TV for a 2 n 4 year old n it is hard with no TV n this TV don't have but a up n down button no search

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Ank4Life77 @Ksola 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing these details, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Could you please confirm if you're using a Roku TV? If so, what brand and Roku OS is it? Furthermore, have you made sure that the Roku mobile app is up-to-date?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ksola
Reel Rookie

My app is updated and I have a 65” TCL

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Ksola.

We understand the issue you're having with this channel. We are glad to assist.

Can you try uninstalling the app and installing it again as you reboot your router? Would it make any difference? How about trying an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot?

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ank4Life77
Reel Rookie

It is rukp a onn TV n I just downloaded the app it don't say no updates

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Ank4Life77 @Ksola

Thanks for keeping us posted. May we know if you've tried connecting the Roku mobile app to your Roku TV, or is this the first time you've set this up? Additionally, is your Roku device connected to the same network as the Roku mobile app? 

Let us know, and we'll proceed with further actions to address this issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.