Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wjova
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Roku Express 4K+
s/n x016004verca

batteries lasting less than 7 days
would appreciate a solution 

0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also did the factory reset…it worked a little bit longer, from two weeks to a month. I checked the settings a number of times…when it got down to the 40% range, it stopped working again.

0 Kudos
pan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The remote is gone! The only solution is a new remote. There have been all sorts of suggestions including factory reset which makes no difference. Best place to buy is AliExpress but they are only IR remotes

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What about Roku's rechargeable remote?

Roku should give a great discount on their rechargeable remote to people who are having battery troubles

0 Kudos
sjpriv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the best solution is a mobile phone application. BUT EVEN THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL THE PLACES WHERE YOU CAN BUY THE ROKU DEVICES. RIDICULOUS, IF YOU ASK ME. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Technically you can buy anything anywhere in the world these days.  The official Roku app may not be available everywhere, but there are plenty of Roku remote control apps that are.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

We've been far more loyal to Roku than they've been to us. They gave us their (ready or not) cheap and poorly designed streaming device's with step down power supplies and HDMI flash drives that stayed on and hot enough to be toast in 3 years and we gave them a billion dollars. 

Roku has known all about their battery killing remotes for years and they won't even make up a phony "losers" discount on a new remote just to stroke us. You got the online bums rush to call their support number to get you off the internet and help you get over it. Here's my Roku remote paper weight. There's quite a few hit or miss solutions online. 

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@winston3338 wrote:

We've been far more loyal to Roku than they've been to us. They gave us their (ready or not) cheap and poorly designed streaming device's with step down power supplies and HDMI flash drives that stayed on and hot enough to be toast in 3 years and we gave them a billion dollars. 

Roku has known all about their battery killing remotes for years and they won't even make up a phony "losers" discount on a new remote just to stroke us. You got the online bums rush to call their support number to get you off the internet and help you get over it. Here's my Roku remote paper weight. There's quite a few hit or miss solutions online. 

scoobyclub
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They don't all work with every product so are hit and miss. Could be good money after bad.

My one far all Streamer remote works for my Streambar for all IR codes but needs clear line of sight. My understanding this doesn't work for all Roku products. Wifi was such an unnecessary add. My AppleTV bluetooth remote works for months on a teeny little flat disk battery. Bluetooth uses so much less power and doesn't need a wifi network.

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There's the true answer and that is, Roku has ignored their battery killing remotes long enough to tell us our bad remotes are not under warranty any longer. That means, they're not responsible for their garbage and we should feel free to buy a new one. Thanks Roku. You got out from under your cheap ass remotes and it's full steam ahead for your second billion dollars. Thanks for standing behind your products