Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

No there are millions of Roku users with zero remote battery issues. Some of my Roku devices are 5 years old and still no battery issues with the remote. 

0 Kudos
dfinn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I stop using my remote because every 1 1/2 weeks I had to replace the batteries. I even purchased rechargeable batteries, that did not work, drained even faster. Do you have a replacement remote yet?

I have the soundbar roku.

0 Kudos
kispot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@TrooperDada326  Thank you for telling everyone who is having the same remote issue about your great experience on the Roku support page. :rolls eyes: You realize this is a tech support page, not Yelp. You must either work for Roku or have lots of free time.

randc
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

My remote consistently needs new batteries after light use over 2 days.  Have replaced countless sets of batteries now.  I've read about many others having this problem  The proper solution is either Roku replace the remote with something that works properly or a refund of the Roku,  The remote is required for proper function and I shouldn't be expected to use my phone or some other remote I must provide. The Roku Express 4K+ serial number is X01600PGHYEL purchased Jul 2021.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just find it extremely hard to believe. Most people have one Roku device. I actually have six of them and none of them have any problems with remote batteries. by the way this is Roku community which means anyone can post and help

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So you have had a Roku for almost 8 months and suddenly the batteries in the remote are draining? Or has this been an issue since you bought it? If it’s been an issue since you bought it why didn’t you ever return it? 

0 Kudos
randc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Because we worked around the battery problem for months unsure if it was the type of batteries, the remote, the Roku, or some other issue.  I did some online research and discovered that many people are experiencing the same battery drain issue and that makes me strongly suspect the remote is the problem.

It's kind of a pain to have to go online and post my device serial number in hopes that Roku will correct the problem.  I'd prefer to contact customer service directly but it appears this is the recommended path for support and upholding the one year warranty.  Maybe I should write a letter to Roku in hopes that will get a good result.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are three different ways of contacting Roku support. This community, email or chat. It can be found right on the Roku support webpage. But if I was having problems with a remote I would’ve done something months ago and returned it. Why wait all this time to get something done? 

0 Kudos
randc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Following Roku Support for Remote Controls led me to this support community (did not see any option to chat with Roku or email using that path).  After your suggestion I followed the support questions for "Billing" then "Other" and was able to email support just now.  I hope Roku will respond appropriately but based on what I've read on these prior posts they don't seem to have acknowledged this is a common problem.  I've brought up this issue with battery drain well within the warranty period and hope for a replacement remote.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can also chat