Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

If you can prove you are within warranty at your first complaint and you pursue this they will either replace the remote or the entire roku someone named Mary from roku should ask for your serial number 

I also recommend going to roku website and follow instructions to finally chat with customer support that will create a ticket for you 

good luck 

Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You are under warranty most stores won’t take it back now 

go to website customer support and keep saying you need more help when you get to chat you can give all your info and under warranty they will replace remote or whole system 

good luck 

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
randc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you @Amelia70 and others, chat seems the way to go.

Selecting Billing then Other allowed me to chat during office hours. 

They are sending a new remote, replacing our remote RC-EL1 (FCCID TC2-R1028) - info is behind the batteries (we have voice command, the four channel buttons at the bottom, no headphone jack; came with Roku Express 4K+).

Roku confirmed the hardware issue which I think is very cool of them.
0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wonderful make sure you do get the replacement!

0 Kudos
DawnC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

well good luck.  I was promised a replacement remote over a month ago.  When it didn't come I inquired and was told it was out of stock.  I saw they are selling what is "out of stock" on the website so I told them that and I never had a response and never received a replacement remote.  I contacted BBB but don't know if they can do anything.  I'm thinking I will contact the California State General's office because this company is selling a defective product, doing nothing to rectify the situation and taking consumers to the cleaners.  Every day more people are complaining about this problem and if you look back you will see it has been going on for years.

0 Kudos
DawnC
Binge Watcher

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

I'm wondering why someone who doesn't have a problem with remote draining batteries is reading posts about it and posting?  

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is an open community or anybody can post and comment. Most people don’t even understand how the device works never mind how to install proper batteries. I have 6 Roku devices, my mother has 1, there are about 10 other Roku devices across my family. None of them have remote issues. And even if they did they would just got out and buy a new Roku. Heck you can buy a Stick for $37. It’s not like you’re spending thousands of dollars on it

0 Kudos
kispot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@TrooperDada326 You know what's really helpful when people have problems. Someone proposing a solution, not "That's funny. My stuff works great!".

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi keep emailing the support group you will get it if you are persistent

0 Kudos