Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loveyourlobe
Reel Rookie

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Remote Connect Help

Jump to solution

@Anonymous no my TV remote worked initially, it stopped all of a sudden. It’s the correct remote and had worked for about a year. It stopped working but I didn’t care because I always had the app on my phone to control the TV. 

I moved and the TV was no longer on a WiFi network; therefore, I could not use the app. You need the remote to get to the settings, it stopped working a bit ago. I tried ordering a new one because like you, I thought maybe that’s the issue. It is not, the new one does not work. The TV will not work with the original remote (which it previously did) nor the new one. 

I was able to hook the TV up to my router with an Ethernet cable and use my phone to access the settings on the TV to set up the WiFi connection. I can now use my TV using the app, but it does not work with the remotes still. I have no idea why. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Loveyourlobe 

If the tv is blinking red, its getting IR interference blocking the Roku IR from reaching the Roku tv. The culprit remote doesn't have to be Roku remote, any IR remote with constant IR signal can interfere with tv. Remove the batteries from all remotes in the room, check for remotes under the cushions? You try standing in front of your tv to block and then identify which direction it may be coming from?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Loveyourlobeok now I see what happened. your original remote died on you. phone was OK as long as it was on your WIFI network. Once you moved it and i think you said factory reset it. what you needed was another remote like the original (WIFI). You got an infrared remote and that won't work until TV is full set up. Once you connected with Ethernet. The TV was now on the same network is was before. So, that's why your phone works now. I would suggest you get an original replacement remote amazon has one for about $15

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Roku now sells Roku TV IR remotes, they also available on amazon for $10:

Amazon.com: Roku Remote (Official Manufacturer Product) | TV Remote Control with TV Controls, Simple Setup, & Pre-Set App Shortcuts - Replacement Remote Compatible with Roku TV Models ONLY : Electronics

Edmund

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee  Yeah that's an option. Myself I prefer an OEM.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

I wouldn't trust a third party seller over Amazon. Sold and shipped by Amtone?

Edmund

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkeewhatever

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.