Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote power and volume stopped working

Jump to solution

I have a voice remote that had been working fine for a few years before out of nowhere, the power and volume controls stopped working. I have tried to re-set up the TV controls (Emerson TV), but it eventually just runs out of codes to try and tells me that it cannot set up my remote. I have not changed the TV it is connected to, so I am not sure why it would suddenly disconnect like this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote power and volume stopped working

Jump to solution

Hello! @alciewonders,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku remote. The power and volume controls have stopped working, and we are pleased to assist you.

If the power and volume buttons on your remote have stopped working entirely, try to update your Roku device to the most recent software. To manually update your software:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System update
  4. Select Check now

Confirm the dialogue box to proceed with download and and installation. Note that your Roku player will automatically download the latest software the next time when it checks for update. After the Roku player finishes restarting, if TV control has not been restored, setup your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Remotes & devices
  3. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote power and volume stopped working

Jump to solution

Hello! @alciewonders,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku remote. The power and volume controls have stopped working, and we are pleased to assist you.

If the power and volume buttons on your remote have stopped working entirely, try to update your Roku device to the most recent software. To manually update your software:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System update
  4. Select Check now

Confirm the dialogue box to proceed with download and and installation. Note that your Roku player will automatically download the latest software the next time when it checks for update. After the Roku player finishes restarting, if TV control has not been restored, setup your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Remotes & devices
  3. Select Remotes followed by your remote
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.