Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim831

Every button powers off tv

trying to set up tv, but every time I press a button on remote TV powers off. No information on line about this issue, how do I fix this or do I have to return tv

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Every button powers off tv

@Kim831-

You may have received a defective set, but before returning it, I'd try a Factory Reset to try to bring it around.

Locate the reset button on the back or bottom of your TV. It may be a tactile button or a pinhole that requires a straightened paperclip. Press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds.

If it all works, your device will restart and display the Recovery Mode screen. Use your remote to select your language, then press OK and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the internet. Once connected, select Update now. After your device restarts, you may be prompted to complete Guided Setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rebecca10

Increase volume turns off TV

When I try to increase the volume using the remote, it shuts the TV off.  It just started doing this. Another old remote is doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Increase volume turns off TV

@Rebecca10 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Roku remote. I have a few ideas you could try and hopefully one of them will do the trick.

I know it might sounds silly but try taking out your batteries and then putting them back in. You'd be surprised that this will work a lot. You could also try another set of batteries too 

If that doesn't work I would try re-pairing your Roku remote again. Go to settings, remote & devices, and start the process of pairing a roku remote. Depending on the Roku device you use your model may have a button right next to were you put your batteries in and you can hit this button as part of the repairing process.

Hopefully 1 of these will work for you. If not, here's a link to the Roku Remote support page

https://support.roku.com/category/4403789553943

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Increase volume turns off TV

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to investigate this matter further and find the best resolution.

Kindly provide us with additional information about this so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• What specific Roku device is this remote currently paired to? 
  • Is this the remote that came with this device? If not, kindly specify what specific remote is this. Here's our support article to help you identify your Roku remote.  

In the meantime, you may try to reboot your remote by following the following steps:

Reboot your voice remote

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.

Your update is highly anticipated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.