Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbro54

Volume button decreases volume more than it increases volume

So 1 press of button to decrease volume changes more than 1 press of button to increase volume. So after a while it is necessary to re-adjust volume using other remotes.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume button decreases volume more than it increases volume

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @dbro54!

Thank you for sharing your concern about the button issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku remote. I'd be happy to help you with this.

Firstly, can you please let me know which specific Roku player is this remote paired to? Also, have you tried resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds? If not, I highly suggest so. After doing so, pair it again to see if this makes any difference.

Furthermore, try to reboot your Roku device under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart to confirm if this resolves your remote issues.

I'll be looking forward to your update on how it goes.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbro54

Thanks for your response Carly. The Roku player is the Roku Express 4k+. I will also try your suggestions and let you know. It may take a few days as the diminishing volume is very gradual. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting me know, @dbro54.

I will be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.