Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howellk4

TCL with built in Roku pairing issue

Cannot get my 75 inch tcl tv with built in roku to pair? It doesn’t have the start buttons like a normal Roku remote. It’s a tv and Roku remote in one. Anyone have advice? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL with built in Roku pairing issue

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Howellk4!

Thank you for letting us know that you can't pair your Roku remote with your TCL Roku TV. I'd be happy to help. 

Firstly, is this the remote that came with your TCL Roku TV, or was it purchased separately? If this remote doesn't have a Start button, it is most likely a Roku Players (simple) remote, and it is not recommended to pair with your TV. 

I highly suggest purchasing a remote directly from TCL, as they manufacture player hardware that works well with their TV. I also suggest this remote, which is compatible with your TCL Roku TV: Roku TV Remote.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.