Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B0b401
Reel Rookie

Roku remote not working

you can't access "settings" if the remote doesn't work!

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Roku remote not working

Exactly!

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue as the others...my remote worked for a week and its dead as a doornail.  So when I push the home button nothing happens.  I followed the steps in the help section and nothing...repairing, rebooting both batteries and the device....still nothing.  I opened a chat and got someone named Sambath, as soon as I stated my problem with the remote, the chat box suddenly disappeared.  I've never had a problem with Roku, but I'm wondering what is up Roku!?  I also had an unauthorized charge of 5.99 on my card from Roku/nbc....?  I never ordered anything except Peacock and I used that card, which is the card I get part of my pay from work....now because of that charge I've had to cancel my card, wait for a new one....and I have auto pay on that card for my car insurance.  So....thank you for listening to me vent and I hope you can help fix this huge problem because Roku is putting a kink in my life that I don't need.  I've counted on Roku for many years and I'm suprised by all of this.  - Sincerely, Miss Kitty

0 Kudos
Rosiepoo71
Reel Rookie

When you signed up for that channel service, you may have had 1 week free and after that, they bill you. Check the amount of the monthly subscription and see if it's $6.99. Problem solved! 

I'm having the same issue. My remote died one day (the simple kind), so I replaced the batteries. That didn't work. I tried the camera thing with my phone, nothing. I purchased a new simple remote, made sure tye batteries were in correctly, and STILL nothing. I'm going to go ahead and assume it's actual device that is faulty.

0 Kudos
Rosiepoo71
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
B0b401
Reel Rookie

I have 3 TVs with Roku sticks, one is a Roku TV. The main TV remote is constantly failing to function. It will work one minute then nothing the next. I have to pull the batteries MANY times a day to make it function - TEMPORARILY.  The batteries are new - also, these remotes seem to eat through batteries way more than any other remote I've had.  Sometimes I have to depower and repower the module as well.  I used to be able to make it work "better" by going through the setup routine, but that doesn't work anymore either.  Sometimes most functions will work, but not the volume buttons. 

What is going on with ROKU? This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @MissKitty823!

I appreciate you voicing your concern about your Roku remote, and I'd be happy to help you find the best resolution so you can use it again.

Can you please let me know which specific Roku model this remote is connected to? Also, when and where did you purchase this device? In the meantime, I highly suggest visiting our support link to help you learn more about how to fix your Roku remote that is not working.

Furthermore, I highly recommend logging into the Roku website and going to My Subscriptions to manage your active subscriptions. If you need further assistance regarding charges, you may contact one of our Billing experts through our Account and Billing department.

I'll be looking forward to your update on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Rosiepoo71!

Thank you for reaching out regarding on utilizing your Roku remote. I'd be happy to help you with this. 

Is this the remote that comes with your Roku Express? If so, I highly recommend visiting our support article to help you fix your Roku Players (simple) remote that is not working.

Please let me know how it goes together with the serial number of your Roku Express so I can check and validate it. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @B0b401!

Thanks for reporting this to us. I'd be happy to help you suggest some troubleshooting steps and provide more information about this.

Firstly, is this the remote that comes with your ONN or Insignia Roku TV? If either of the two, I highly suggest directly reporting this to your TV manufacturer as they produce their own player hardware, which includes their remotes. 

You may reach them here:

In the meantime, you may try to reset your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
B0b401
Reel Rookie

The one I am having the most trouble with is an Express 4K+ with voice remote. I've tried all those things mentioned and the only thing that works is to pull the batteries in the remote for a few seconds.  It will work for a bit, then for no apparent reason, it stops again.  Holding the 2 buttons for 20 seconds does nothing - no LED light-up on the remote.  Plus, this thing eats batteries like no other remote I've ever had.  Seems I can go many months if not a year on most - this thing wants new every month. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.