Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOHNNYD1632
Reel Rookie

Roku remote pro (2nd edition) not voice command not working

Recently bought the Roku voice remote pro this is the one that has the little switch on the side where you can turn the voice on or off and is also rechargeable. 

Problem is the voice feature of this remote has completely stopped working this after working for several weeks after I first bought it. I've read several solutions presented here in the community and have tried all turning off the TV, holding down the buttons to reset the remote pairing remote etc...

None of these solutions have worked. The remote itself works as it should manually. No problems there. Voice just will not work after I've done a reset a re-pairing It might work once. Then ask for time or channel and nothing when I hold down the mic button I get a little thing on the bottom of the TV that says press and hold the button while you speak even though I'm doing that.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TahirCurrie55
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote pro (2nd edition) not voice command not working

If the voice feature on your Roku Voice Remote Pro has stopped working despite trying all troubleshooting steps, consider performing a factory reset of your Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @JOHNNYD1632!

Thank you for sharing your concern with your Roku Voice Remote Pro. I'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may I know when and where you purchased this remote? Also, can you please confirm if this is the Roku Voice Remote Pro 1st or 2nd edition? You may refer to this page to help you identify this remote:

In the meantime, please confirm if you've pressed the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset it. You may also refer to our support article, which is dedicated to this.

How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

I'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JOHNNYD1632
Reel Rookie

I have what I believe is the second edition voice remote. And yes I have tried resetting by holding the home and back button for 20 seconds. I have tried resetting at least 10 times now. Still the voice function does not work. Like I said the manual function no issues... I'm just sorry that I spent the extra money for this at this point 

Was purchased from Walmart about a month and a half ago.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for responding, @JOHNNYD1632.

I appreciate your effort in troubleshooting your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). In this case, I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. 

Kindly check your inbox, and I will contact you via private message to request additional details regarding this matter. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku Mobile App as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with Roku's streaming players and has a Headphones mode (private listening) feature. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.