Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmaso5i

New Roku Remote Not Working

I just recently bought a TCL Roku tv that came without a remote. So I bought a new Roku remote to try to pair, I wasn’t able to use the app since I don’t have the tv set up to WiFi. I’ve unplugged the tv and restarted it while holding the new remote near the tv and pressing the pair button, but as soon as it loads the pair voice remote box, the circle spins and it kicks it off and my remote still isn’t paired. I just bought the remote, but I tried replacing the batteries anyway and it done the same thing. Is anything else that I’m missing or doing incorrectly?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku Remote Not Working

Welcome to the Roku Community, @mrmaso5i!

Thank you for reaching out about the issues you're having when pairing your Roku remote with your TCL Roku TV. I'd be happy to review this and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before proceeding, what specific Roku remote is this? You can refer to this support article to help you Identify your remote.

Also, since this is a newly purchased TCL Roku TV, where did you purchase it? We'd like to know why it doesn't come with a remote. Furthermore, we highly suggest purchasing the remote directly from TCL as they manufacture their own player hardware, which includes their remote. 

You may also use the Roku TV remote, which works well with your TCL Roku TV. 

I'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.