Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhokmom

Voice remote won't listen to me

I ordered two (2) voice/hands free Roku remotes in April 2023. The worked great till about 2-3 weeks ago. When I talk to either remote it doesn't listen & tells me to pair the remote again. They both are doing this!! I have paired both remotes several times & it may last for one command & then I have to push the button down to talk to the remotes. I spent $65.57 on these two remotes 4-17-23 & I sure expected them to last more than 4 months. I can't find my order on my Roku account & I would really like to know what to do & maybe have the two remotes replaced. My tv's are RCA Roku & Phillips Roku. Can anyone help me. Thank you, MK

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote won't listen to me

Hello! @mhokmom,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your Roku Voice Remote. We're sorry you are having trouble with voice commands not working as intended.

When Roku Voice doesn't correctly understand your voice commands, here are a few suggestions to improve your experience:

• Try speaking louder and closer to the remote. Sometimes, Roku Voice will mishear your words when speaking softly or far away from the remote, mainly when background noise occurs.
  • Try rephrasing your command with different words. - Sometimes, Roku Voice will understand your command better if you use different words. For example, if you want to increase the volume, saying "Turn it up" will work better than saying "Up."

You can find a list of our supported voice commands here: What can I use with my Roku streaming device?

Please check this article on how to set up your Roku voice remote.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos