Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susiestrong5
Reel Rookie

Voice remote stopped controlling volume even after all troubleshooting fixes

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote stopped controlling volume even after all troubleshooting fixes

We have no idea what "all troubleshooting fixes" means.  Have you tried going through the setup again at Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->[your remote]->Set up remote for TV control?  The volume controls work via IR so you have to point the remote at the TV.  You can verify whether the remote is sending a signal by pointing it your phone's camera and pressing a button on the remote.  You should see a flash of light on the camera's screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Susiestrong5
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote stopped controlling volume even after all troubleshooting fixes

Yes I’ve tried resetting and setting up remote over and over. Volume is still not working. It just suddenly quit. New roku and voice remote only about 4 months old. I’ve tried every option for troubleshooting through roku website. Does this mean I need a replacement remote? Will that work?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If it's only 4 months old it should still be under warranty.  Try following the steps at:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

When it asks for your serial number make sure you use the serial number that's displayed under Settings->System->About and not any serial number that's on the remote itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@renojim  I hate to tell you this but I don’t think Roku remotes have serial numbers.  As far as I know, only the Roku device itself has serial numbers.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Susiestrong5

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.