Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieGre
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

We are currently having the same issue as everyone above. Our remote won't charge. We ordered it through Amazon and I don't have the box anymore. Could someone advise me on what to do?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JamieGre,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that your Roku Voice remote Pro is not charging. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device that is linked to your Roku remote?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamieGre
Reel Rookie

Where do I find the serial number? I don't have the box anymore 😞 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JamieGre,

Thanks for following up.

You can find the serial number of your Roku device that is linked to your Roku remote from Settings>System>About?

For more information about how the serial number of your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® device | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamieGre
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary! 

When I file the instructions you gave me and look under the remote settings there is no serial number. It only tells me the battery level MAC address firmware version name and model number.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JamieGre

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, did you purchase just the Voice Remote Pro Remote separately or did you purchase a Roku device that included the remote?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JamieGre
Reel Rookie

We purchased the Roku first. And then upgraded our remote to the voice pro because we were sick of replacing the batteries. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@JamieGre  my family still likes replacing batteries on controllers.  My Roku 3910 originally came with the standard IR remote when I got the unit back in February 2020.  Two weeks ago, I bought an official Roku-manufactured regular Voice Remote (RC-AL7 with battery compartment) from a local Walmart store, only because I wanted voice control functionality on my Roku device, and it works perfectly with the device.  My Roku is attached to an old 1994 Magnavox CRT set through my old 1993 Archer/Radio Shack A/V switcher connected to my old 1991 Sharp 4-head HiFi stereo VCR.  I do own an M2/Sega Genesis Mini console, though, and the controllers supplied with it are USB powered. (this is not a discussion forum for helping Sega users by the way, so I apologize if you get confused.)

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
cdudanc
Reel Rookie

This thread and these problems have been going on for much too long.  Roku needs to send all of us a new remote and figure out why this keeps happening!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JamieGre

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos