Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShannonBrown
Binge Watcher

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Thank you. I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
chavezja24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I plug the charging cord in it charges only to 20% and stops. When I unplug the charger the battery will discharge very quickly. I'm having pretty much the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Here are a few things to consider when charging the Roku Voice Remote Pro:

• To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter.
  • The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green.
  • A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use.
  • Heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly.
  • Your voice remote can be used while charging if necessary.
  • Make sure you are using the cable that came with the remote and that you tried using a different power adapter and power outlet.

If the issue still persists with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the Roku remote so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

ShannonBrown
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've been through these steps several times. Thank you though.

Smity868
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have not heard back regarding my remote not charging issue.  Per our last conversation,  someone was supposed to reach out to me.  When should I expect someone to reach out?

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Smity868

Thanks for the post.

We checked your support ticket and it is already being handled by our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Smity868
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How long should I expect to wait for someone to reach out to me.  It's already been about 4 days.

RLiebe

Jump to solution

Hello,

My speaking stick remote also won't charge. It is plugged in properly, flashing green light flashes, but I am seeing it lose battery after being charged for hours. I've had my device for 8 months.

Serial number is X01700HV01X8

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RLiebe

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Here are a few things to consider when charging the Roku Voice Remote Pro:

• To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter.
  • The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green.
  • A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use.
  • Heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly.
  • Your voice remote can be used while charging if necessary.

If the issue still persists with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the Roku remote so we can assist further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ShannonBrown
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Got my remote yesterday. Charged up fine. Works great. Took a while but happy that Roku replaced the defective one. Thank you Roku. 🙂