Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Hi @Seshultz55

Thanks for your post. 

We're here to help. When you attempted to charge your voice remote do you see a light flashing at the back? If the status light does not begin to flash within a few seconds, try an alternate charging cable and power adaptor. Remember to use the Roku-provided micro-USB cable that came with your voice remote for the best results. If you are still having issues, please restart your device and try again. 

Still no dice? Please provide the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote from Settings > System > About. So we can assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gpetburg,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear that you're having this experience. It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jmg374
Reel Rookie

Ok, so the question I have is. . . when will Roku finally acknowledge that this is a FAULTY REMOTE DESIGN, instead of blaming the users for it not holding a charge? Love the sustainability concept.  Roku is a good product but they missed the mark on this one.  

Seshultz55
Reel Rookie

I've been having trouble with my remote keeping charge, but last night, it quit working even when it was plugged into the wall.  I finally unplugged it and had to use my tv remote to turn off my tv.  This morning I decided to give it a try, it turned tv on and I asked about the charge and it said 100%!  I just tried it again at 3:30 pm, and it says it is 99%.  I ordered a replacement on Roku site last night, almost wishing I hadn't now, but I'm wondering if you could possibly know why I would have that issue, works, doesn't work, sometimes, etc? I used the chord that was sent with it for charging.  Mainly, my bedroom tv (it is hooked to) is used only in the evenings.  To RokuNlmfa-C, yes, it does flash green light as soon as I plug it in.  Thank you for responding.  

Animull
Reel Rookie

How exactly did you pry the battery less remote open? Mine will not hold a charge either . Nothing to lose by trying ur method to reseat internal battery into chipboard.. Please LMK

ANIMULL

[personal information removed]
we thank you.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Animull

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? Please also provide us with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Susan123

I am having the same problem. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Susan123

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. Could you walk us through the issue you are seeing? What are the steps to replicate the issue? Have you done any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?  

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos