Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patm1198
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro 2 battery level keeps showing on tv

I recently purchased the new Voice remote pro second edition and the battery level keeps showing on the TV.  I see this was a problem with previous remotes and this brand new one has same issues. Yes its fully charged and still does it. There is no button on the back to reset as some previous posts suggested, I did delete and pair it, same. 

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro 2 battery level keeps showing on tv

@Patm1198-

Some recent Roku Voice Remotes do not have a pairing button in the battery compartment or back of the remote.

To put these remotes into pairing mode, press and hold both the BACK and HOME buttons near the top of the remote for 5 seconds or more.
a.jpg
Reference: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Patm1198
Reel Rookie

I tried resetting it even though I had done it, still the same.

I forgot to mention it in the original post. Voice remote pro second edition - model number RCB1R

If you need to change a channel or use any button on the remote and you haven’t used remote for a little while you now have to press button twice to make it work, if you use remote and then press other buttons remote works normal and doesn’t wait for a second button press. I have had Roku’s for about 20 years, and I never had anything like this happen. I read on this site that some remotes were doing the battery showing on tv for a few years.

I have a TCL Roku tv. not sure what is going on with Roku, but quality control seems to be forgotten by management. I’m not sure my next tv will be a Roku based on my new experience and reading same issues about different remotes from different years.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It sounds like it's losing its connection or going into some kind of sleep mode.  The first button press reestablishes the connection.  From my experience, Roku voice remotes generate the "battery level" or the message about the voice mode every time they establish a connection.  That's why some people seem to see it a lot - there's something up with their remote losing and reestablishing a connection.  Faulty remote or Wi-Fi interference of some kind would be my guess.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Patm1198!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Photo of the pop-up notification for reference.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku Voice Remote Pro rush to market

Made the mistake of purchasing the "new" voice control "pro" remote. 

The "voice control" "feature" does not work. in any of the setup methods.  

There is no headphone jack, my fault ... I should have read the real fine print I guess.

The "battery level"  notification appears on the tv screen every 30 seconds with no way to turn that "feature" off ... perhaps to remind the angry owner that it has lots of power to not do what it's supposed to do.

This product is a "rush to market" piece of junk.

Save your money and don't buy it!

My recent post mirrors yours exactly.   This piece of jung should go back to the drawing board or in the trash can which is where my mistaken purchase is now.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro rush to market

Removing the headphone jack was a downgrade. The battery level pop ups are ridiculous and they happen on many different model remotes. Roku added that stupid notification to the software and all it does is glitch and pop up constantly.

Roku won't remove the notification, nor give us the option to turn it off in the remote settings after repeated complaints. So not only are these remotes junk but Roku doesn't care to fix any of these problems. The battery pop up malfunction has been going on for at least 4 or 5 years now, there are topics on here going back that far with complaints and Roku has yet to do anything.

Terrible company that does not care about the viewing experience or customer satisfaction. Roku expects us to love our screens constantly bombarded with the remote pop up telling us our battery is full all day long!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro rush to market

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @unhappysukker.

Thank you for letting us know about your remote concern. No worries! We'll help you find the best resolution for this. 

Since you've mentioned the battery pop-up notification you've experienced with your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate your remote and determine the cause. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos