Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote not working unless plugged in/charging issue

Jump to solution

Hi @Brumbaug, thank you for keeping us posted!

We have sent you a private message regarding the update on your remote issue. Please check your email inbox.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hollowch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote works but frequently goes to sleep and is unresponsive.  It has plenty of charge.  To overcome this, I plug it into the charger and it instantly wakes up and can be used without being plugged in.  There is no frequency of this occurrence other than several times a day and I cannot correlate it to anything that we are doing.

0 Kudos
RK_45

Jump to solution

Hello, I am having this problem and none of the troubleshooting methods were able to resolve my issue. My remote only works when it is plugged in. The remote shows 100% battery life but won't work unless plugged in to power. Please help me resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
Ahammerle

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to my remote 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the exact same!My pairing button keeps flashing as long as I have it on the charger the remote works perfectly.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

If you are experiencing any issues with your Roku Voice Remote Pro, such as difficulty with charging, powering on only when plugged in, not turning on or working, or not holding a charge, please be assured that we are here to provide assistance.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
- Reset the remote by pressing and holding the Back/pairing button and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds.

For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support on How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working.

If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided, please send me a Private Message with the following details:
- Serial number of the Roku player this remote is paired to.
- Is this the remote that came with that device? If not, kindly specify if this is a Roku Voice Remote Pro or Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition).
- When and where did you purchase this?

To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.