Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racker65

Voice commands to select channels within a streaming service such as Hulu

I just purchased a Roku Express 4K+ and installed it okay.  But using the voice command feature on the remote I can't get it to select a channel within Hulu.  It will call up Hulu but not the channels available in this streaming service.  I've tried "Hulu ABC7" etc. to no avail.  Is this something Roku will not do?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice commands to select channels within a streaming service such as Hulu

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @racker65!

It is greatly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we're here to further assist you with the voice command feature of your Roku voice remote.

Although the voice command on your Roku voice remote follows anything you say, it may also be possible that this feature isn't supported inside a certain app on the Roku streaming platform. In this case, it might not supported by Hulu. 

To learn more about how the Roku voice command works you can refer to our blog about Roku Voice commands: The ultimate guide.

Meanwhile, have you tried pressing the search option first before utilizing the voice command of your remote to open the ABC 7 channel? We suggest trying this method to see if this will work. 

Let us know what you find out!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BearCrazy1985
Reel Rookie

I would like the voice remote feature on Roku to work on every streaming service to change the channel. It would help out people with disabilities and the elderly tremendously 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BearCrazy1985,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We would love to have that as well. Our voice remote feature currently has limited access when it comes to it. 

For more information on its functionality, you can visit our support page here: What voice commands can I use with my Roku streaming device?

But we'll take care of this feedback and flag the right team about this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BearCrazy1985
Reel Rookie

Let's get it done!