Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjaninja

Roku voice remote with new batteries won't sync, won't light up sync button.

My Roku voice remote with batteries suddenly kicked the bucket, just like many others'. I've tried everything – new batteries, resetting – but it's still dead. The pairing light won't even turn on. Got my Roku voice remote from Amazon about two years ago. I'm using the app and an IR remote I had as a backup, but it's not exactly convenient. Hoping support can get me a replacement remote real soon. I can provide video of the sync button not lighting up if that helps

Model: RC-FA1 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice remote with new batteries won't sync, won't light up sync button.

Hi @Benjaninja,

Greetings!

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku voice remote, and we appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

For us to further assess the issue, may we know what Roku device this remote pairs with? Also, we would suggest that you give the recommended troubleshooting steps in this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working a shot.

Please inform us of your findings.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos