Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianGGG

Can't pair Roku remote to Sony TV

I too can't get my Rocu Remote to control the on/off, nor the sound volume.  My TV is a SONY.  My remote will connect and allow me to select Netflix, MAX. Prime, etc but never the on off or volume.  Sad..

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't pair Roku remote to Sony TV

Hi @BrianGGG,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Your Remote/TV combination may be able to control power, volume and mute over the HDMI connection via CEC so that you don't have to rely on the remote having the correct IR codes for the TV.  My 11-year old Samsung is too old for this feature, but maybe your set isn't.

Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > √ {Your current remote} > Set up remote for TV control > CEC setup
... and follow the prompts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jburt

Thanks I can now continue not to move from my chair and totally control my TV power and Sound……

0 Kudos