Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brigotom

Verizon Fios Remote Activates Roku Express Stick When Changing Channels

My Verizon Fios remote will close the Roku Express feed when the A/V button is pressed and it returns to regular TV. However, when the channel button is changed on the Fios remote Roku is activated and the Roku Home Screen appears. I cannot stop the Fios remote from activating the Roku stick. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Verizon Fios Remote Activates Roku Express Stick When Changing Channels

Try turning off 1-touch play on the Roku (Under Home->Settings->System->Control other devices).

0 Kudos
brigotom

Thank you so much for the response. It worked perfectly. Problem solved!

0 Kudos
gglater

This does "solve" the problem, however I want to use 1-touch play on the Roku remote.  That is, I want to be able to push the netflix button and have the source on the TV switch and the Netflix channel opened on the Roku.

But just using the channel up/down button on the Verizon remote switches to the Roku, which defeats the purpose.

Is there no way to prevent this without completely disabling the 1-touch?  And why does a touch on a totally different remote cause this to happen?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I’ve always assumed that’s a bug, but not one they’ve seen the need to fix, not even in the 2+ years that this thread has been around.

Another workaround/experiment that a person serious about this could try is: Get a Voice (Wi-Fi) remote and pair it.  Then completely cover the Roku IR receiver.  I suspect that without being able to see any remote’s IR, the bug may be bypassed.  Of course, this assumes the bug is via IR and not HDMI-CEC.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos