Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLynne
Reel Rookie

Upgrade Remote for Express

I have a Roku Express (Not +) and want to upgrade to the Voice remote only for the purpose of having a power button, mute button, and volume controls - tired of flipping between TV& Roku remotes.

Everything I am reading says the Voice Remote will only work with a Roku TV which I do not have.  Does anyone know if I can just buy a "Voice Remote" that will work with Express?

I want to upgrade two tv remotes, but the Express serves my purposes.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Upgrade Remote for Express

The Roku Voice remote will work with most Express models, it will not work with one express model which is the express 3700 nor will it work with the express+ 3710. Reason, those models only accept IR remotes. All express and express+ models after those will pair with any model of Voice remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MLynne
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply.  I just checked an my Express is 3930x so it should work. 🙂

thats what I'm trying to figure out and it says you can but I dont work on only one Roku express and that's the 3700. and that's what I have so I'm screwed. time to upgrade my Roku device all together. back to the store I go!!!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

There shouldn't have been 3700 Roku Express on current store shelf. That model is like 4 or 5 years old. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.